Wednesday 16 November 2016

Inspiration

My main inspiration for this project was a piece of work by Bill Viola called The Veiling.
I think this piece perfectly represents the image I have in my head. What strikes me most about this piece is the use of suspended material as the backdrop for the projection. I've been wanting to play around with mixed media and projection so I am really excited about this project.

When I showed the rest of the group The Veiling they all agreed it was a strong piece to reference to. My research from here on will mostly be based around this piece.
I know that Bill Viola's work is featured at St Pauls Cathedral, so we've planned to visit on Monday (21st). This trip will be very useful for research and will hopefully spark up many more creative ideas.





1 comment:

  1. Turns out we didn't go to the galleries today, but we have scheduled to go on thursday instead.

    ReplyDelete